Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Slumdog Millionaire?


So I will be away from civilization for the next 3 days. Well, not really away. I just won't be in my dorm... or able to use electricity, running water, etc. I'm participating in a fundraiser to raise poverty awareness. For the next three days-starting TODAY! at 10:30-I will be living on only a sleeping bag outside. True, I will be on campus. But I will still be living, and sleeping, and eating outside. Oh, and I won't be taking a shower. WHAT AM I THINKING?? Well, for one thing, all proceeds will benefit Haiti. Hey, any little bit helps right? Secondly, it just sounded like a such a cool cause to get involved in. This will be extremely difficult, as I am one of the cleanest people you will ever meet. But I hope to prove to myself, and everyone else, that I can do this. And I hope to really learn some valuable experiences. I'm praying that God will really speak to me through this. So cross your fingers and pray for the best! I'm super freaked out, but totally stoked at the same time! See you all on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment