Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Why Thanksgiving is the Best Holiday EVER.


















Everyone who knows me knows that my all-time favorite holiday is Thanksgiving. I love this holiday for many reasons.

1. THE FOOD. Seriously, though. The Thanksgiving meal is one of my favorite meals ever. I love turkey, mashed potatoes, STUFFING, cranberry sauce... All of it is just so good! Once Halloween rolls around, I just start tasting turkey like crazy.

2. No pressure. I love Christmas (it's my second favorite holiday). But I really dislike all the pressure to buy gifts. I'm not opposed to gifts, necessarily. But I value quality time over gift giving in general, and I love just being with my loved ones. Gifts are slightly unnecessary, I feel like. So I love that on Thanksgiving, I can just hang with my family and enjoy myself without having to stress about gifts.

3. The Christmas season in general is my favorite time of the year. I love the music, the food, the parties, the decorations... And I love that Thanksgiving starts the whole thing off! So on Thanksgiving night, I'm always a little bummed that my favorite holiday is over. But then I remember that the Christmas season has just begun!

4. I love the whole feel of Thanksgiving. I love that we get a day off to just relax, eat delicious food, and enjoy our loved ones' company. I love that for one day we don't have to worry about anything but giving thanks for what we have. I love that we can relax and be content and forget about the hectic pace of our lives for just one day. And I love how "non-commercial" Thanksgiving is. It's a simple, beautiful holiday.

5. Psalm 100:4-5, Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise; give thanks to Him and praise His name. For the Lord is good and His love endures forever; His faithfulness continues through all generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment