Friday, November 19, 2010

Nowhere is Safe


Yesterday was consumed with Harry Potter. Literally, I spent OVER twelve hours either reading, or watching something Harry Potter-related. The first part of the seventh movie was released today, and of course I had to go to the midnight showing. Now, I'm always that obnoxious friend that asks my friends to save me a seat so I can show up at 11 pm. My friends are the INSANE people waiting outside the theater at 6 am. This time, though, I got to be that insane person waiting outside the theater all day. None of my friends could get out of class earlier than about 5, and I was done at noon. So I found myself sitting outside, armed with the seventh book, prepared to sit and sit. This really wasn't as bad as it sounds, though. I had a full day to read the seventh book, which I had not had any time to read previously. In addition, I was waiting outside in San Diego. San Diego in November is infinitely nicer than Albuquerque in November, as my Albuquerque friends' pictures show. And one of the girls in front of me let me share her blanket. So I had some company. The movie itself was incredible. It was also really dark. I knew it was going to be dark, but somehow I underestimated how dark it really was. There were parts (Bathilda Bagshot, anyone?) where I found myself genuinely scared. And I've read that part a million times! It was well-made, though, and I had a really great time, though I really missed my friends back home at times. The number one thing I found myself thinking as I left the theater, though, was "WHY IS JULY SO FAR AWAY?"

No comments:

Post a Comment