Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Surprise To Start The Year Off Right!

It's official: I have the best friends EVER! I was slightly bummed that my birthday fell on a Tuesday this year, as everyone seemed to be busy. I kept throwing out random ideas, and was perfectly fine with just going out to dinner, but no one seemed to be able to make it! My friend Julia (more like my soul sister, now that I think about it) kept telling me not to worry about it. Today was my birthday, and there was still no hint that anything was going to happen. Julia had me meet her in front of our dorm building. She blindfolded me (and by "blindfolded", I mean she threw a pillowcase over my head), and she and my roommate McKayla led me to her car. From there, we drove for a while. We got out, and walked up a bunch of steps, and I was completely confused by this point. Then we took my pillowcase blindfold off, and I saw where we were: Mount Soledad!! I absolutely love Mount Soledad. For those who have never been there, it's a beautiful cross on a mountain top that overlooks everything. Every time I come up, it takes my breath away. My beloved friends were waiting there to surprise me! We ate delicious Funfetti cake decorated by the amazing Jessie (seriously, this cake was BEAUTIFUL). Then everyone shared what they appreciated about me/a memory they cherished with me. I am so blessed! This was the most amazing birthday ever! Thanks be to God for all His blessings in every aspect of my life, especially the people He has put around me. This was a birthday to remember.

From left to right: Julia, Jessie, and Me! What a blessing from God these girls have been! Thanks for such an incredible birthday!

2 comments:

  1. awwww yay! your friends are supes presh. can't wait to meet them all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. see... and you thought is was just a bunch of crytic (hyroclifics) haha I'm so glad you had a great day!!

    ReplyDelete