Monday, April 11, 2011

Exactly A Year Ago...


Tomorrow is my 20th birthday. I started this blog on my 19th birthday, and after looking back to that very first entry, I cannot believe how much has changed! Last year, I made a HUGE deal about my birthday. Everyone heard about it for weeks, and I had a nice shindig planned and ready weeks before the actual day. This year, I forgot about my birthday entirely until people started to remind me that it was indeed coming up. I don't have anything planned at all, and I haven't really mentioned it at all. I was pondering why this was, because I usually love birthdays! After thinking about it for a while, I came to one conclusion. This time last year, I was in a very depressed state of being. By the time my birthday rolled around, I was really needing to feel special. I needed to know that I was loved and valuable. Since then, everything has changed (THANK GOD). I now know that I am loved and valued every day, not just on my birthday. It's not that I don't want a birthday celebration, because I still love them (but I hate planning things, so a birthday celebration probably won't be happening anyways). I just don't need one to know how much I am truly loved. I had the hardest time figuring out what to ask for, because I don't need or want anything. My life is absolutely wonderful, and my birthday is an added bonus, not the determining factor. So this year, I am going to just enjoy my friends and family, and rejoice that God chose to make me and bring into this world exactly 20 years ago tomorrow on April 12, 1991. I really, truly am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment