Monday, April 9, 2012

"Little Girl, Arise"

This past Easter weekend was SO necessary. This past semester has been amazing and I've grown so much, but to be quite honest, by the time Easter break rolled around, I was exhausted. For the past two years, I've gone home with my best friend to her house in Oceanside and this year was no different. I spent most of the weekend sleeping, but my waking hours were also filled with rest and relaxation. I spent most of the weekend worshiping, baking, hot tubing, worshiping some more, spending time with blessed friends, and more worshiping. I have a lot to be thankful for and this break really allowed me to take some time and just be thankful. All weekend long, I was constantly brought back to the fact that we live only through Christ's resurrection power. This may seem like one of those "Duh!" things, but it was really powerful for me to realize that my life only comes from His death. Over and over, I kept hearing "Talitha Cumi" which is what Jesus spoke over the little girl He brought back to life. It literally means "Little girl, arise." This phrase has been echoing what's been going on in my life and several my friends' lives perfectly. I have been dying to myself in so many different ways and it's only been recently that I've begun to feel the Lord calling me to arise and live. I love that all of this occurred over Easter weekend-the weekend with which rising from the dead is best known for. This weekend was so life-giving, and I'm so thankful for the life Jesus has given me!

No comments:

Post a Comment