Sunday, April 15, 2012

THE Best Birthday Ever!

This birthday was literally the best birthday I've ever had! First off, I love surprises, so any kind of surprise just makes me ridiculously happy. On Wednesday night (my birthday was on Thursday), I went out and grabbed some burritos with two friends, because, really, is there any better way to begin a birthday?? Little did I know that a bunch of my friends were all in cahoots to come surprise me! Halfway through my burrito, they all burst into the restaurant singing Happy Birthday at the top of their lungs! They had all made this amazingly awesome video of moments they had enjoyed with me and things they appreciated about me. That was such a huge blessing. I'm not the biggest fan of gift-giving, because I like shopping for myself so I don't end up with a lot of pointless stuff. But I love gestures like this! Having friends sit down and make something like this that I can watch over and over again and knowing that they all dedicated a night to my birthday was a HUGE blessing. The next day was super laid back. I woke up and just spent the first half of my birthday journaling, opening gifts (got a camera, thank you Mom and Dad!), and getting ready (gots to look pretty on my birthday!). Then I babysat for the rest of the day. This might sound like a bit of a bummer, because who wants to work on their day? But I LOVE the kids I babysit and they were so excited to share in the fun with me so it really just added to my birthday. Then I went out to eat with a bunch of my friends and that was so fun! I got surprised again with a four-layer Funfetti cake (I'm OBSESSED with Funfetti). What was even better was that cake was one of three cakes I got for my birthday! I really am incredibly blessed by every one that God has placed in my life and I am so thankful that I got to celebrate my day of birth with so many blessed people! 


Surprise! 
 I got flowers and everything!
Shirley Temples... Oh yes.
What is fondly know as the "Claudia Pose". I did not come up with the name, only the pose.
One of the best surprises of the night: FUNFETTI!!


Two of the three Funfetti cakes I got!

No comments:

Post a Comment