Thursday, June 23, 2011

It's A Beautiful Day!

I crossed one off my bucket list! I SAW U2 IN CONCERT!! Seriously, people. It was INCREDIBLE. The lights, the music, the performance-it was all what I could have wished for and more. There was one part particularly that left me in tears. U2 is incredibly flashy, with lots of lights and spectacle. At one point toward the end of the concert though, it got quieter. The lights got dimmer, the music faded and Bono was standing by himself. He started singing "Amazing Grace". The whole stadium joined in-80,000 people singing "Amazing Grace". It took my breath away. This must be what Heaven is like, but better. Then, the band segued into one of my all-time favorite songs, "Where the Streets Have No Name". By the way, that song is written about Heaven. It was truly incredible. God is so incredible, and He makes Himself known even at a rock concert with 80,000 people watching. The rest of the night was wonderful as well. This was an experience that I will cherish and look back on for the rest of my life.








No comments:

Post a Comment