Friday, June 3, 2011

Georgia On My Mind


Tomorrow my family and I are taking a weekend trip down to Georgia to celebrate a family friend's wedding. I LOVE GEORGIA. I don't know what it is exactly about this state that enchants me so much! But I just love everything about Georgia (except the weather-currently 100 degrees and humid beyond belief). I guess there are many little factors that contribute to my love of Georgia. I love the culture of the Deep South in general. I love how friendly and traditional everyone tends to be. I love the (soul) food, unhealthy though it may be. I love the big trees everywhere, and how lush and green it is. I love big juicy Georgia peaches. I love the song "Georgia On My Mind" by Ray Charles (posted below), though I'm told that true Georgia natives are absolutely sick of it. Needless to say, I would be quite happy to live in Georgia when I'm older. I'm so excited to be heading down tomorrow, even if we are only staying a weekend. Hopefully one day I will get to call this state home! Don't look for me in D.C. this weekend. I've got Georgia on my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment