Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Spring Break, Baby!


I am a Sophomore in college, so you might be surprised when the phrase "Spring Break" doesn't make me all that excited. You see, all the usual connotations of wild crazy partying and tropical get-aways don't really apply to me. For one thing, I don't party any other time of the year, so I'm not going to start for just one week. And my school is basically a tropical get-away in its own right. Being in paradise 24-7 means going to some other tropical destination might not hold the same appeal as it would to other college students. On top of that, I have not been having the best experiences with my college spring breaks. Last year, I got my wisdom teeth out over my spring break. On top of recovering from the surgery itself, I had a bad reaction to the painkillers and was majorly sick for a few days. Not super fun. This year, I'm out in D.C., where my family has relocated. I LOVE WASHINGTON D.C. My old roommate and dear friend, Alli, is in the area, so we have been able to enjoy the city together for a bit. However, my body decided it would be a great idea to get massively sick over spring break. So I've been bedridden for most of today, unable to talk. Needless to say, I'm learning to not be too thrilled every time spring break rolls around. Oh well, I've always got Easter break to live it up, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment