Sunday, January 30, 2011

God Help The Outcasts


I have been telling this story to pretty much everyone I come into contact with, but it's such an incredible story that I can't help but blog about it as well. While sitting in my lit class on Friday, I started "randomly" thinking about the song "God Help The Outcasts". I started to ponder what the word "outcast" even meant. I mean, it's not we live in a strongly structured caste-system like in India! I pondered this even after class got out. I walked into the Prayer Chapel on campus, expecting some peace and quiet and found a group of people sitting in the back of the room, talking. I started to feel grumpy, but tried to pray anyways. As I'm attempting to pray, I start listening to what is being said around me. As I listen, I hear these incredibly sad stories from this group about how they feel misunderstood and rejected by most of the people on Point Loma's campus. In short, they felt like outcasts. I started to feel like maybe I should go talk to them, and tell them that everything they experienced were feelings that everyone experienced. I have felt alone and misunderstood and I know many others who have felt the exact same way. In short, we all feel like outcasts at one time or another. As I'm debating whether I should go and talk to them, I hear one of the girls say that she prays for divine appointments all the time, and God never disappoints. That was my cue, and I walked over and talked to them. I told them that none of them were outcasts, and that we all feel alone at some time or another, and it is such a lie. We cried and prayed, and I made some new friends. God is moving, and hearts are being healed on this campus. I'm so privileged to experience these wonderful works, and I love the knowledge that I am not alone-EVER. In short none of us is an outcast, and we are all created by a God who loves us so much. I am posting the song that I was contemplating earlier in the day, and I hope it speaks to you, dear reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment